Thursday, March 26, 2015

BELIEVING CONNECTED AND GROUNDED, MY AVATAR LIFE



 



When I watched the movie "Avatar" it changed my life!!!!  Seriously, I felt something shift inside me.  To be connected to all that is around us makes so much sense.  I find myself feeling overwhelmed with life and as the feeling wells up inside I reach my feet out to the ground and stand up, feeling the earth supporting me.  I begin to acknowledge all that is around me; the sky, trees, the air and the warm rays of the sun.  Feeling this connection with Nature, I breathe, slow and deep.  I'm not alone and I am supported and inspired by the life and energy which fills and surrounds me. 

This feels very different than my Christian background.  To be a steward over nature is very different than being connected to her.  I want to tap into this more and find the ways I can be grounded, at peace and whole. 

When I was a little girl, I would wonder.  We had 7 acres near the ocean and my little feet would carry me all over that ranch.  I watched the chickens, pigs and cows and talked to them.  Watched snakes travel sideways through the road and sat in the dirt to play with the ants ,little beetles and rolly-polies.  Lady bugs, butterflies, dragonflies and frogs delighted and amused me.  I have always been connected to nature.  Now my whole being wants more...

No comments:

Post a Comment