Funny thing is....I don't even eat mushrooms and yet they can bring up so much emotion for me. Somehow this rediscovery has opened me up...a desire to seek an adventure. Maybe I'll join a mushroom forager and romp in the woods...might even try tasting them again...might!
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Memories and Mushrooms And Congruity
One of my sweetest memories I have with my dad is foraging the countryside on the Northern California Coast, where we lived, for mushrooms. There is a very strong feeling of confidence and congruity when I recall the sureness I felt when I spotted a mushroom. I was only 5 but I could find the small button mushrooms in the grassy pastures. It felt so good to hear my dad's amazement and the tone of approval in his voice. I can almost smell the salty breeze and the damp air as we scoured the hills on a typically overcast day. Today I went out to my pasture and dug up mushrooms and their surrounding grasses,tiny plants and fallen leaves. I set them carefully in a wicker basket to bring to inspire my 7th and 8th grade artists. Art is also a part of my congruity. I am wearing an awesome pair of pumps covered some kind of cocoa colored fur with leather stripes that were found in a thrift store in England! Somehow the boldness to be funky feels very congruent too.
Funny thing is....I don't even eat mushrooms and yet they can bring up so much emotion for me. Somehow this rediscovery has opened me up...a desire to seek an adventure. Maybe I'll join a mushroom forager and romp in the woods...might even try tasting them again...might!
Funny thing is....I don't even eat mushrooms and yet they can bring up so much emotion for me. Somehow this rediscovery has opened me up...a desire to seek an adventure. Maybe I'll join a mushroom forager and romp in the woods...might even try tasting them again...might!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment